Jas Ahuja on Why cursive writing should continue to have a place in modern pedagogy.
Let's look at some reasons as to why cursive writing should continue to have a place in modern pedagogy.
- Learning to write cursive enables you to read cursive.
- Learning cursive writing skill gives opportunity to practice and improve fine motor skills.
- Learning to write cursive requires perseverance. Repeated practice helps indirectly in shaping our character.
- Learning cursive will help you to be able to sign in unique authentic way!
- Taking the time to learn cursive helps to train the eye to recognize artistic expression sense of balance & sense of symmetry.
- Strengthens coordination.
- Cursive lends itself to a more fluid movement. Some children who struggle with printing find longhand a more natural alternative.
- Its Beautiful!