Montessori Teacher Training
La Wisdom Presents
Atrium for Teacher Training & Entrepreneurship for Montessori Preschool Teachers (ATTEMPT)
Unique intensive one of its kind program in the world, helps you to be a Teacher Entrepreneur-
- Thoroughly appreciate, Montessori Method, Philosophy, Material & its significance!
- Teach children of age group up to 6 and guide the assistants in doing so!
- Open your own preschool, learn the economics, marketing and run it profitably!
Course Begins: July 27th, 2015
Timings: 1.00 - 4.00 P.M [theory & internship classes]
Duration: 6 months [July 2015 to Dec 2015 focusing on practical training]
Venue: La Wisdom #815/A, 11th Main Road, 4th Block Koramangala, Bangalore – 560 024. Tel: +91 9844290460
Award: Certificate [issued by La Wisdom ]
Eligibility Criteria: (adults with good English verbal & written communication skills) & All prospective candidates should have an graduate degree [BA, B.Sc, B.Com, B. Tech etc.]
Number of seats: 20
Call us for Course Fee:
Last date for applications: July 18th 2015. Applications can be sent to the above address or printed out and emailed to email@example.com.
Admission to the course will be confirmed based on fulfillment of eligibility criterion and an interview with the applicant.
The faculty are experts in their respective fields of study and bring valuable theoretical knowledge & practical examples to the classroom.
Preliminary activities, Developmental activities, Noralisation
Introduction to EPL, Sensorial, Math, Language & Culture (Botany, Zoology, Psycho geometry, Geography & History)
Direct & Indirect Aim, Control of error, Name Lessons, Age of Presentation & Developmental Succession
Child Psychology: Absorbent mind, Sensitive periods
Four planes of Development
Three Phenomenons, Revealations & Discoveries
Role of a Montessori Directress
Prepared environment & House of Children
Observation & record keeping
Assesment & Reporting
Nomenclature cards and making a sample
EPL: Social Behavior, Grace, Courtesy, rading, Sorting, matching, Pairing, Pouring, Pounding, Kneading, Buckling, Threading, Sewing, Folding, rolling, unrolling, washing, weaving, sitting in silence, walking on a line.
Sensorial: Cylinder Blocks, Pink Towers, Brown Stairs, Long Rods, Color Tablets, colored cylinders, Touch Boards, Touch tablets, Box of fabrics, Noise boxes, Sterognostic bags, Baric Tablets, Thermic tablets, Smell boes, Taste bottles, Geometrical solids, Geometrical Cabinet, Binomial, Trinomial, Decanomial material.
Math: Number Rods,Sand Paper figures, spindle boxes, Chit Game, Zero activity, tatic Part, Dynamic Part, Seaguin's Boards, Multiplication board, Addition strip board,
Language: Sand paper latters, movable alphabet
To help trainees appreciate the completeness and the inclusiveness of the approach following topics will also be covered:
- Multiple intelligence theory of Howard Gardner and how it's addressed in the Montessori environment.
- Understanding the role of the intellect and intelligence in holistic education.
- Understanding Learning Disabilities among children – such as dyslexia, autism, down's syndrome...
- Understanding of Social, Emotional and Behavioural disorders and how they manifest as deviations in children.
- Understanding the meaning and essence of inclusion and how the Montessori environment is truly inclusive.
- How the three agents and mixed age group in the Montessori environment address issues of Social, Emotional and Behavioural disorders, such as ADHD...among children.
- The art & science of observation and "observation" as an important tool for assessment.
- Various methods to maintain records of work by children. Continuous assesment, Report writing and Conference with parents.
- Salient features and principles of other approaches to education, such as Steiner...
- An understanding of how children learn, based on researches by various educationists, such as Piaget, Dewey...The importance of research and introspection in teaching